Keith,

   Most (or enough) Americans are asleep or indifferent. If we had a real
mainstream media here, that
didn't screen out news unfavorable to the administration, especially the
bogus wars, things would never deteriorated to the low
level we have now.  I hardly ever watch TV news and get my info off the web.
I continuously write my Congress people, 2 Demo senators and a Repug rep,
and they just ignore my letters or at best I get polite form letters back.
The Repug rep is such a strong, mindless, Bush backer, it makes me sick. The
Demos are equally
bad in that they say there's a better way than impeaching Bush/Cheney. I
wish I knew
what that was. Maybe a firing squad? I feel BushCo is out of control but the
impotent Congress
is afraid, for whatever reason, to take the two idiots on. Yeah, there are a
couple exceptions, like
Sen. Feingold and the two Demos that've openly backed him. Kucinich (Rep,
OH, D) has had Bush's number way
ahead of his colleagues. The polls show Bush and Cheney are way down in
public opinion. Maybe
the two are desperate to do more of their nasty deeds before common sense
again prevails here. There's no telling
what two thugs like them will do to stay in power. Another 9/11? I would not
count that out as they
have no morals whatsoever.

  So we have here a number of problems:

A too trusting people who have been divided by wedge issues
Disinformation on the TV news. 9/11 was our Night of Broken Glass & new
Pearl Harbor
Corporate financed candidates
Hackable voting machines that can swing an election through built-in "back
doors" in the tabulating PCs. Naturally biased to the Repugs
A weak, corrupt, and divided Congress
An administration that is totally corrupt, ruthless, and corporate
controlled.
An insanely bloated military budget that is way beyond that necessary to
"protect" us.

Pray for World Peace, D. Mindock