Hello Robert

>Keith Addison wrote:
>
> ><snip>
> >
> >Can one be a follower of Jesus Christ (PBUH), the great Messenger of God,
> >
> >Feel obliged to respect human rights, Present liberalism as a
> >civilization model, Announce one's opposition to the proliferation of
> >nuclear weapons and WMDs, Make "War and Terror" his slogan, And
> >finally, Work towards the establishment of a unified international
> >community - a community which Christ and the virtuous of the Earth
> >will one day govern, But at the same time, Have countries attacked;
> >The lives, reputations and possessions of people destroyed . . .
>
><snip>
>
>    Good questions, all.  I've been asking them myself, and I often
>wonder how the NeoCons and other power brokers will answer the same
>questions when they're posed by a Holy God on Judgment Day . . .

Methinks 'tis perhaps but a task for the menials. I find myself
sniggering at the prospect of the ensuing spectacle upon the arrival
of the enraptured at the Pearly Gates: "Hey Peter, who the hell are
all these naked guys outside trying to get in? They say they got
tickets but it's only monopoly board money. Wrong address? Right."
Ooops! LOL!

Yeah I know, sorry. But their God isn't God, it's some other guy who
hates everybody, and by the time they find out it'll be too late. A
better man might manage to shed a tear for them over that but I
reckon I'm doing quite well if I can wring a laugh out of it at
least. "Always look on the bright side of life, ta-dum..."

I mean, if you wrote a science-fiction novel where the world ended
like this singularly unenrapturing bunch of total whackoes wants it
to end, and they could even do it, nobody'd want to publish it, the
editor would tell you it's too preposterous, the characters are like
cardboard cut-outs, the plot needs work and the ending really stinks.

Have you seen some of the reactions here of non-Americans when they
first encounter stuff like this?

>"A major reason the Armageddonites have become so powerful is that
>most journalists can't comprehend that millions of Americans could
>really want, in this day and age, their God to destroy most of the
>human race, much less that they are donating millions to promote
>it..."

>Their beliefs are bonkers, but they are at the heart of power
>US Christian fundamentalists are driving Bush's Middle East policy
>The Guardian

>Bush White House checked with rapture Christians before latest Israel move
>The Village Voice

Much more at:
http://tinyurl.com/rhk2s
Re: [Biofuel] The Brutal Christ of the Armageddonites - Religious
fanaticism in American foreign policy

It certainly doesn't look like Mr. Ahmadi-Najad is the one who's crazy.

All that aside, if you'd had some foreign thugs marching into your
country in 1953 and replacing your democratically elected president
with a brutal dictator like the Shah and suffered all the
consequences since, up to now, when the same people are threatening
to nuke you, would you have managed to write such a mild letter to Mr
Bush? The man is a paragon of restraint. How can you compare someone
like Rice? And what does it say that "enough" people (she thinks)
will accept her mindless response as good and wise? If you want
cardboard cut-outs doing foreign policy you'd do a lot better with
Max Headroom, and so would we all.

>    It's an interesting letter.  Mr. Ahmadi-Najad is so often painted as
>an irrational lunatic in our media, yet the arguments he presents are
>comprehensive and cut to core issues of religious faith that require
>careful consideration.

You could say about the same of the US media's treatment of Bin
Laden's various messages.

>These do not sound like the words of a madman.
>The only thing I can say that might confirm Mr. Ahmadi-Najad's insanity
>is his presumption that Mr. Bush is ACTUALLY a follower of Jesus Christ.

:-) I doubt he believes that but it would have been rude to say so.

Best

Keith