Hi All

Thanks to all who have advised me this last few months, I am now a
biofueller! 105l batches, good product. Unfortunately, after 10 good
batches, my pump has started spraying out of the back of the impeller
housing. So I took it apart and the impeller has broken up and the
housing has been eaten through at the back, around the mechanical
seal. It was 30 years old or so, free and a plastic spa pump, so I'm
not too distressed, but I obviously don't want it happening again.

I notice that the clearwater pump used by JtF is made of cast iron,
so should my next pump be made of metal? Also, is the impeller in the
clearwater pump  plastic? As I know you can get some with stainless
steel blades, I wonder my impeller break-up was due to age or chemicals.

Thanks

Charles List