Joe,
I don't know of any Civic conversions personally - they tend to
biodegrade too soon around here to be popular as conversions.

Different story in California where they fail smog tests long before the
bodies are done.

There is a Del Sol somewhere around here that the owner is looking to
sell mostly for parts because the body is beginning to give way.  That
might be a pretty clean swap out to convert your Civic.  If you are
interested, I'll see if I can track it down.  I suspect the price will
be significant, but likely a bargain as the owner was not known for
cutting corners or using anything but first-rate parts and materials.
There's also a first-class EV conversion guy locally who as of last
night does not currently have a vehicle project in his shop.  He is
currently restoring the controller from a 1922 Milburn Light electric -
he does museum quality work.

Darryl

Joe Street wrote:

>Hey Darryl;
>
>I still have my '92 civic hatch sitting in my driveway.  Do you know of
>any instructions or anyone who has converted one to electric?
>
>Joe
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

>>Tony Marzolino wrote:
>>

>>>Hey Guys - These are great, but once again..NO prices and NO
>>>availability?????   Are there any REAL options available for US
>>>consumers?
>>>
>>>Thanks, Tony Marzolino
>>>

>>Make your own.
>>
>>Just back from a quick jaunt in the e-914 conversion.  Starting to track
>>some energy consumption stats.  Looks to be less than 0.2 kWh per km, or
>>better than 5 km/kWh.  Took my wife out for Dim Sum, first time I have
>>had her out with the targa top off.  Based on comments and facial
>>expressions, I think the bug-eyed little electric is winning her over.
>>
>>If you want sustainable transportation, it's still up to you.  Biofuels
>>are one route, human power another.  If you want to go electric, consider
>>where your electricity is coming from.  You can buy green power from most
>>U.S. utilities now.  If not, you can buy Green Tags (which is what I do).
>>
>>I believe you can buy a Tango today - George Clooney did.
>>
>>Second hand EVs come up for sale on occasion.  Here are some links to EV 4
>>sale sites:
>>http://www.econogics.com/ev/evdl.htm#Sale
>>
>>If you want to start with something smaller, consider an electric bike:
>>http://www.econogics.com/ev/evbikes.htm
>>
>>(By way of comparison, my e-bike appears to get about somewhere around 100
>>km/kWh).
>>
>>or electric moped:
>>http://www.econogics.com/ev/evmopeds.htm
>>
>>or electric scooter:
>>http://www.econogics.com/ev/evscoots.htm
>>
>>or even an electric skateboard:
>>http://www.econogics.com/ev/evboards.htm
>>
>>Other options for starting small are boats:
>>http://www.econogics.com/ev/evboats.htm
>>
>>or electric mowers or electric tractors:
>>http://www.econogics.com/ev/evtools.htm
>>
>>or electric go-karts or yard-karts:
>>http://www.econogics.com/ev/evkarts.htm
>>
>>The resurgence of interest in "production" EVs today is predictable, it
>>rises and falls with gasoline prices.  We've been here before, with more
>>success in the 1970s (ComutaCars) and the 1990s (CARB ZEV mandate).  You
>>won't see them in North America until GM and Ford are both gone, and the
>>oil lobby no longer owns the White House.  Technology is not, and has not
>>been, the issue for a long time.
>>
>>If you want to support on-road EVs directly, including plug-in hybrid EVs,
>>today, join the Electric Auto Association.
>>http://www.eaaev.org/
>>
>>Darryl McMahon
>>

>>>doug swanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: And then there's Tesla
>>>Motors, with a convertible!
>>>
>>>http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php?js_enabled=1
>>>
>>>doug swanson

Darryl McMahon                  http://www.econogics.com
It's your planet.  If you won't look after it, who will?