> Strange, isn't it?
>
> One possible explanation might be that the people in the Bush
> administration don't care about the thoughts of their "allies",
> about the Palestinian problem, or about human suffering in any
> other area, or about the interests of the American people.

You are right on all counts.

> Perhaps they are only concerned about their own power and wealth.

Yes, if you're one of the elite, you are supported. If not, you are to
be fleeced and controlled.

> Perhaps they feel no loyalty or obligation to the constitution or to
> the constitutional republic of old. I don't think that Straussians
> normally bother about that stuff. It's just a story for the peasants.

Totally. The Constitution is "just a go*dam*ed piece of paper."

> One would think that this might have occurred to the British
> government by now.

The Brits perhaps thought that there would be honor among thieves. But
BushCo likely
thinks of BlairCo as bumbling wannabes/idiots, to be used. BushCo respects
no one. All non-elites are to be used as cannon fodder for endless wars and
as slaves.
I haven't studied Strauss at all but this is what I pick up from observing
Bush
and his dark group of cronies. BTW, I wonder how Strauss got a free pass to
warp so many minds?
Peace, D. Mindock