Hi Golan;

Thanks for the kind words.  I don't have any data of my own yet on the limits with water in methanol, because I have not yet done the experiments to find those limits.  So far I just do everything possible to eliminate water.  I think others have said you should have less than 1 or 2% water.  To dry the methanol you could use 3A molecular seives.  You have to regenerate the seives with heat or heat and vacuum each time they adsorb the water.  I am not sure if the castor oil method works for methanol but I am about to test that.  Check on journet to forever for other ideas on drying alcohol.  I understand corn woks for ethanol.  Maybe it works for methanol too? I can use my reactor to double or triple vacuum distill my recovered methanol and get pretty high purity but the process is wasteful of energy and time and I don't want to get into that.

Cheers
Joe

Golan Shmuel wrote:
hi Joe
 i salute u for your beautiful site
brilliant
to your knowledge does methanol purity  has standard or when does it starts to be problem how much (%)water?
how u get the water out if u have to much with out getting parts of u all around?
blessings
Golan