Kieth
Have you worked out the following(?):
The US will use the last drop of oil from where-ever else: (North sea, mid
east, Khazakstazhn, Nigeria, Venezuala, etc.) before we (the US) use the last
drops of oil in the US and territories.  Think of that particular foreign
policy as the ultimate well secretified hidden foreign policy of the Nixon,
Reagan, Bush, Bush and future Admins.  and the true underpinning of  US
military adventures in every country or land mass.  The future depends on OIL,
as if colonialism wasn't/isn't enough.  If and when biofuels take the majority
"energy and lube" dependency expect no-less from foreign policy, than to follow
suite.
Irv