How about corn?  About 2.75 for a bushel.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jeromie Reeves
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:36 AM
To: biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: [Biofuel] Pellet fuel options

Hello. Does anyone else use a pellet stove? Prices have jumped this year
from $2.25~2.75 to $4.75+
That fairly dries up the reason to have/use the stove (cheaper cleaner
fuel then oil/propane/classic wood)
I am looking for other fuel options. I would love to produce my own
pellets as I have access to tons of
waste wood but it needs at least a season to be ready. I also have not
been able to find a pellet machine
that was not a million dollar investment. I have been thinking of using
straw and hay as we have plenty
of it here. Also there is a small personal mill in town that makes a
fair bit of sawdust. Does anyone know
of a pellet press or know of a way to make one?

Jeromie

messages):