    *From:* Thomas Kelly <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    *To:* biofuel <mailto:Biofuel@sustainablelists.org>
    *Sent:* Thursday, November 23, 2006 6:33 PM
    *Subject:* [Biofuel] Methanol as Windshield wash antifreeze

    Help if you can.
I have relatives that own a bus company. They have 150+
    gallons of windshield wash fluid. It is not winterized. How much
    methanol should be added to each gallon of washer fluid in order
    to prevent freezing to say ....
    -10F  (-23C) ?
         I will experiment as follows:
         Small sample of fluid in freezer   .... check temp it freezes at
         Add measured amount of methanol  ..... check temp it freezes at
         Repeat until I get a vol:vol ratio that produces the desired
    results.
I have other things to do tomorrow .... if anyone has a
    better plan/knows the correct ratio it would be appreciated.
Tom
    messages):