Still in need of practical experience. My dad threw out an old lawn mower i
was going to experiment on, but i'll find something, just need to find the
time and effort. The trimmer for one, adjustable carb and all. Changing or
drilling jets is easy, it should work that way, make fine adjustments with
plug color and piston wash. Ignition timing is what i've been pondering
about lately. Not necessary, but would get better results. If i could figure
out how to electronically delay the trigger signal for CDI i'd be set. That
would make dual fuel possible.

Cold starting is a major issue. A resistor in the float bowl is probably the
best thing, though my snowmobile has no battery, but that's a matter of
installing one. I think the electrical system would have no problem with
that, since an electric starter is an option for the sled. A fire in a soup
can and some tubing isn't out of the question either. I'll figure that out
once i have fuel.  And the suspension sorted out, damn thing keeps bottoming
out constantly...

I've got 2 pieces of steel tubing next to my garage waiting to be welded
into a column. I'd want to make a continuos feed still, it seems a bit more
flexible to use, no need to heat the whole 200l batch or whatever i'd be
working with, just do a bit at a time. If i could do it inside and
incorporate it into part of the heating system the energy for distillation
wouldn't be an issue, need it to heat the house anyways. Being a student
just coming home for weekends does put restrictions on my plans, although
most of it is just inherent laziness. Need to get over that.

Arttu