Hi everyone,

An oil mill has just told me that they have excess of crude fatty acid
distillate which they can give me with the following specifications :

Free Fatty Acid (As Lauric)  -  71.8%
Iodine Value mg I/g              - 10
Total Fatty Matter                - 96%
Moisture & Impurities           - 0.5%
Saponifiable Value mg KOH/g   -  260
Unsaponifiable Matter            -  0.32%

I am now doing some small production for my own use with a blend of WVO and
new oil on the single stage process.  I've read up on the two stage process
and it looks like the above will take a two stage process with 71.8% FFA.
Am I right?  Anyone out there with some thoughts on the matter?  Its free
stuff for me although its only about 200liters monthly.  Would it be better
to blend it or process it separately?

Thanks

Ken