Hello List - Listed below is a site that I heard was producing a vehicle with
100+ mpg.  It is in Europe and I believe they were marketing to the European
and Asian markets.  Does anyone have additional information to share?

  http://www.loremo.com/

  Thanks Tony Marzolino
  Berkshire NY

Dawie Coetzee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          They still don't get it.

  How about, rather, a contest for a vehicle that answers these requirements:

  "methods and equipment which are
  “- cheap enough that they are accessible to virtually everyone;
  “- suitable for small-scale application; and
  “- compatible with man’s need for creativity.
  “Out of these three characteristics is born non-violence and a relationship
of man to nature which guarantees permanence. If only one of these three is
neglected, things are bound to go wrong.” (E F Schumacher, Small Is Beautiful)

  I would say that the first point applies to the methods of manufacture more
than the vehicle itself.

  One can add to that,
  4. Suitability for broader systems of fuels, roads, etc. in which the
automobile does not play an important role; and
  5. Suitability for very limited use over a very long product life, i.e. a
vehicle that still makes sense to own if one is only going to use it some
twenty times a year, which won't deteriorate unduly if left standing for long
periods, which is not dependent on the continued existence of the original
manufacturer for repairs, etc.

  The result would be very different indeed.

  -Dawie