Wha??????  I did have to replace the radio in my '91 VW because after I
replaced the battery, it went into security mode and wouldn't turn on
again.  And I refused to go to the dealership to have them fix that.  I
suppose I was supposed to take it there to get the battery replaced to begin
with...

This is why I am building my own electric cars.  One from a 1974 pickup, and
one from a recumbent bicycle (if I lived on the flatland, the regular
bicycle itself would be fine.... but pedling up 4,000 feet in elevation gets
tiring at times and I'd like electric assist -- solar recharged, of course)