The nettles are very good, the growing tip. Just trim 2 inches off the top.

Joe Street <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  No BEEF here.  But I haven't tried to
calculate my costs but I grow herbs in my garden and I have a much better
chance of knowing what is on them.  I bet it costs less my way, which anyone
can do, and it may be better.  Certainly is when I consume the herbs fresh.
(except for the nettles of course LOL) As for the diatomaceous earth I don't
eat it.  I sprinkle a little around the stoop to encourage the ants to stay in
THEIR home which I allow them to have out in the yard.  Interestingly when I
called off the war against them they pretty much called off their invasion of
my space.  Go figure.

Joe

Kirk McLoren wrote:
    Less than 25 cents a cap for herbs and EDTA? Have you looked at what most
EDTA formulas sell for?
  Food grade diatomaceous? Pool grade diatomaceous is carcinogenic. Food grade
costs more.
  Example - A large bottle of peroxide is 1 or 2 bucks right?
  How much is food grade? Over 20 right?
  Besides, he has 1500 pages of stuff you can make in your kitchen with grocery
store items. Whats the beef?

Joe Street <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Well have a look over here then;

http://www.safe2use.com/store/products/personal-care.htm
 $40 for 180 capsules?  It aint cheap!

Or here
http://www.safe2use.com/store/products/alternatives.htm
12 bucks for a pound of diatoms?  LMAO!

Joe

Kirk McLoren wrote:
    I didnt get the impression it is an infomercial at all. He lists some
sources because some things are hard to find but in his ant killer for example

  and remember ants are finicky eaters that prefer fresh baits.
  One example of a homemade ant bait: Mix 1 level teaspoon (or less) of boric
acid per 2½ fluid ounces of corn syrup
  or honey. Heat until boric acid dissolves. Cool. Dilute bait with an equal
volume of water. Apply bait with an eye
  dropper, or place it in small, shallow lids where ants feed. Keep baits
available to ants for two weeks. Keep the
  mixture out of reach of children and pets. We only recommend using boric acid
baits of 1% or less so they can act
  as a non-repelling toxin to ensure that the toxin remains effective after
trophallaxis and that it is thoroughly spread
  throughout the colony before taking effect (slow-acting poison). Put green or
red food color in the bait. Another
  safer bait is powdered sugar and baking soda, or use 5% food-grade DE or
aspartame instead of boric acid.

Joe Street <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  The document appears to be a bunch of advertising for health products!  I bet
they are expensive.

Joe

Kirk McLoren wrote:
    "The Best Control II" was written by acclaimed pest control expert, Stephen
L. Tvedten.
  This body of work encompasses every aspect of Integrated Pest Management
(IPM).
  Learn how to practice nontoxic pest control using safe alternatives to
pesticides.
  This book is offered free of charge to encourage the spread of nontoxic pest
control.
  All chapters are available (in PDF format) for download below:

A chapter I read last night. Got an education in diatomaceous earth. Used to
think it was all the same

http://safesolutionsinc.com/40_-_Detoxification.pdf

This new website at http://www.stephentvedten.com/  has all of my original IPM
encyclopedia in its original form and will continue to have more and more free,
updated Chapters every week.  So far we have electronically updated The
Introduction, Chapter 11, 15, 16A, 16B, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26,
27, 28, 29, 30, 31,32 and the Glossary of Terms.   All of these copyrighted
items are free for you to read and/or download. There is simply no need to
POISON yourself or your family or to have any pest problems.

And

IWebsites:  http://www.thebestcontrol.com , http://www.getipm.com ,
http://www.learnipm.com , http://www.safesolutionsinc.com have posted a lot of
free pest control alternatives and other relevant information on the website
located at: http://www.safesolutionsinc.com/resources.htm  and/or
http://www.thebestcontrol.com .  There is a free 86 page booklet on how to
control most pest problems without using any pesticide POISONS entitled: THE
BUG STOPS HERE.  There is a free chapter on Lice/Scabies, a chapter on
Mosquitoes, a free chapter on Detoxification and a section on fire ants from my
newest IPM manual/encyclopedia entitled: THE BEST CONTROL II.  All of these
copyrighted items are free for you to simply read and/or download.  There
simply is no need to POISON yourself.