Andres,

>For the sake of precise concepts, gliceryn is NOT an emulsifier.

     I have used the glycerine "cocktail" to de-grease a barrel. Is it the
caustic (KOH) that reacts with the grease?

Also:
     If I do a wash test on BD from a complete reaction  ....  no mono- or di-
glycerides, but with some glycerine "cocktail" still present, I get an emulsion.
Let the glycerine settle, no emulsion.

     Could you explain?

                                 Tom