From: "Bruno M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sustainablelorgbiofuel@sustainablelists.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] BD disinfo from SVO kit vendors

Jan,

SVO having a high boiling point doesn't mean it
can't be used instead of dinodiesel
in a diesel car, because, ...
normal Diesel fuel is also completely evaporated before combustion.
What you need is a fine mist, not evaporated fuel in a diesel motor.

Dino diesel has a boiling point, rather a boiling-range, between 340 and
400°C,
so even dino juice will not be much vaporized at the time of ignition.

But it's possible that the higher the viscosity,
boiling point, and vapor pressure is,
the more difficult it is for your dieselcar's
hardware to make the ultimate mist
who gives the ideal burning of all fuel components.
Thats why SVO conversion kits alway's have a fuel heather device in it to
lower
the viscosity so the pump - injector combo can
produce a optimal ( or as close as possible ) mist.

At 95°C sunflower oil has around the same viscosity then DD at 15°C.

DOE and other governmental organizations still claim that SVO will shorten
the live span of your motor and more cooking and
reduced motoroil live span will appear.

Mixing with dinojuice or an additive can also help but is not the
best or preferred option if you want to go fossil free.

What additive did you use or tested?

Grts
Bruno M.
At 18:30 20/11/2007, Jan wrote:

>Hi all,
>I find it difficult to embrace any SVO technology. That is for many
>reasons,
>but the most outstanding is the high boiling point of SVO:s. Canola
>vaporizes completely at no less than 650-700oC, which is far too high for
>modern diesel engines which have a limit of acceptance at approx 350oC.
>This
>means that the SVO cannot combust completely in a diesel engine. This leads
>to deposits in the engine, some of them lethal to the engine, and
>lubricating oil contamination. This is a fact that no SVO kit can cure. I
>was into a SVO project during the 90:s and we found one additive that could
>keep the deposits at a certain level. But the composition of the additive
>was such, that the handling of the fuel became environmentally undesirable,
>also from the human health point of view.
>If somebody has an attractive technical/chemical solution for this I would
>be very interested to hear about it.
>
>Jan Warnqvist

11:34

messages):