Very interesting.  Please send me a pic.  Thanks in advance.

Dave

David Roberts / Sales Associate
WL Gore/ Jersey Shore
610-287-0223/ph
610-506-0223/cell
610-287-1887/fax

"bmolloy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
05/11/2009 09:03 PM
Please respond to
sustainablelorgbiofuel@sustainablelists.org

<biofuel@sustainablelists.org>
cc

Subject
[Biofuel] New el cheapo VW commuter car

Has anyone heard of the new single seat VW?                       This is
not a toy, not a concept car. It is a fully developed, single-seat car in
highly aerodynamic tear-shaped, road-proven and very practical commuter
vehicle format. The new Veedub will go on sale in Shanghai in 2010.

Designed to cruise at 100-120 Km/Hr it has an incredible consumption of
0.99litre/100Km (258 miles/gallon), thus in terms of fuel bettering the
electric car. The vehicle took three years from conception to production.
The company is headquartered in Hamburg, Germany.

The car will sell for 4000 yuan, equivalent to US$600. Gas tank capacity
1.7
gallons;Speed 62-74.6 Miles/hour; Fuel efficiency 258 miles/gallon; travel
distance with a full tank 404 miles.

I have pics which show a very impressive, aerodynamically efficient
vehicle,
not at all cheap in appearance. Sadly can't post them here due to the
site's
formatting restrictions but will supply to anyone who emails me directly.

Regards,

Bob.