From: Joe Street <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: sustainablelorgbiofuel@sustainablelists.org
Sent: Fri, March 25, 2011 8:21:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Biodiesel in Canada

The government gives a gift to diesel mechanics and fuel filter
retailers!  Based on my experience running biodiesel in the Canadian
winter vehicles will need heated fuel filters in the least.  Heavy
hauling rigs crossing the nation will need a heated tank and line system
and a switchover manifold like you use for SVO in order to be reliable
crossing western Canada in winter.  I remember my friend the mechanic
who looks after the public transit buses when they mandated biodiesel
added to the fleet's fuel in Guelph Ontario (which aint that cold folks
by Canadian standards) he was bitching about how bad biodiesel was  and
on and on since they had to change filters so frequently.

This is another boon to the service industry like making it illegal to
run with snow tires on only the drive wheels.  I wonder how many good
fuel filters will be tossed out due to gel plugging before they figure
out how to solve it? But this is a big country. Plenty of room to bury
fuel filters and rubber eh?.  I hope they only blend it in summer. Maybe
they will.

Joe