On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Mark Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.  See below.

> this is actually pretty interesting but there is a way to "recycle" the
> Arsenic you use.
> 1) Use it as rat poison,
> 2) Use it as a Weed killer,.
> 3) Use it to Preserve Wood

In the first two cases ( and directly mentioned in the second) the
arsenic has the potential for reentering the ground water.  In that
case it should be no different than simply storing it in a container
as the next batch of water would contain a little more arsenic.  In
case #1 it could end up in your food supply as some heavy metals (like
lead) are consumed by green leafy plants.  Urban farmers usually check
for lead paint in the soil.  In the last case the wood would be
preserved though we all know that the arsenic in wood does eventually
leach out.  I would pick the last as the "best case," especially if
you could shelter the wood from rain, though still not ideal.

Good feedback, though does it really "manage" the waste or does it
simply spread dilute it back into the environment?

I have a novel idea but I want to hear some others first!