On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Keith Addison
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Back at the rich end there's a tiny minority with truly monstrous
> eco-footprints, but, persons or not, they're not human at all.

To digress on your point, Keith,

In all honesty, I don't think that "they" want to be human.  I truly
think they despise the idea of living with the dirt and insects and
seek transmutation to something far more encapsulated from the natural
elements.  The backing bioengineering and aspirations to "improve"
life, which, subsequently damages life directly and indirectly,
indicates to me that to be human for them is to be inferior.  I blame
Isaac Asimov ;)

-hojo