Midori,

This is so sad.

I spent 4 years in Hokkaido as a masters student at Otaru University of
Commerce.

I spent one month traveling throughout Japan in the Spring of 1999.

It is hard to believe the damage inflicted.

Christian

On Jun 08, 2011, at 07:59 AM, "Midori Hiraga (JTF)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dear all,

2011/6/8 Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/06/07-1

> According to the latest estimates, 770,000 terabequerels - about 20%
> as much as the official estimate for Chernobyl - of radiation seeped
> from the plant in the week after the tsunami, more than double the
> initial estimate of 370,000.

That's the amount only to the air. 770,000 terabequerels doesn't
include the amount which has been leaking (or poured intentionally)
into the ocean.

Midori