Keith,
I had a double take when I read your answer. (as in Dougs of the world untie!)
 Australia is also going through the pains of setting up a Carbon Tax to start
in 2012. Unfortunately we have an extremely vociferuous (& might I add
obnoxious) Opposition Leader in Tony Abbott (nickname Rabbit, or Wingnut). You
may guess I am not a fan. The odds of the carbon Tax actually coming to
fruition are not good, unfortunately. We have a Minority Government, & an
Opposition that is pulling out all stops to axe the tax, & unfortunately I
feel is also talking down the economy too.
 Australia is currently performing really well, & the average Australian is
possibly better off now than at any time in recent history. If you heard the
Opposition speaking, you would think we were going down the plughole.

 I am no fan of either major political party in Australia, but I hope we never
have Tony Abbott as PM. Malcolm Turnbull, who is on the opposition front
bench, & a firm supporter of the need to cut pollution from CO2, made a speech
to the Press Club last week, supporting the need for action against Global
warming. Hopefully he will soon be Opposition leader in Australia so the
Rabbit loses his voice.

regards Doug