Correct on both counts. It helps if you ask a quesation...

 I can answer this for you from my perspective. The Biodiesel list started (not
sure how long, but I have been a member for years) as a resource for people
making Biodiesel, which is why I joined originally. I guess most on the list
are a bit like me, people concerned about sustainability, & wishing to leve the
world in a state that the next few generations can live a prosperous, safe &
happy existence. It seems however that this is not necessarily true any more.
 In my case, I built a processing setup & made some Biodiesel. Then I bought a
new diesel car, that has electronic injection. The economics were not in
risking my fuel in a car that cost a lot if it broke...
 The Journey-to-forever site is a huge resource for people like me: everything
from sustainability, farming, lifestyle etc. This is a worldwide resource, not
just for the US. It shows that the whole world needs to think about the future
(Was it the American Indians that said you must remember 3 generations past, &
prepare for 3 generations in the future?). My feeling, as someone in the post
middle age is that we are now rushing to the cliff like a mob of lemmings. The
environment seems to be ignored in the quest for money, Creeks that were
pristine in my youth 50 years ago are now polluted (even the ones in the
wilderness). Many people do not even connect food with farmers now: everything
seems to come from a factory.
 Iam not saying that we need to stop progress, or revert to a simpler life. I
merely want to get the idea accepted that there are costs to the world caused
by our current use of resources & with the current world population there is a
need to plan the way ahead carefully so we can guarantee that future
generations will have an equivalent lifestyle to what we have enjoyed, but
hopefully with more equitable use of resources.
 One of my worries for the future is that the political systems seem intent on
continuing the same way as has been for many years past: Politics seems to be
steered by vested interests who want to continue controlling everything
necessary for life: our food (there are only a handful of companies who control
most of the worlds seeds), water is now being privatised, power generation is
in the hands of huge companies who are fearful of the ability of householders
to generate their own power, Transport is being controlled by the Oil companies
who do not want Electric cars taking their profits, etc etc.

 So to end it, the Members of this list are here because they are concerned
about the future. I am sure that you have concerns too, but saw this list as
limited to Biodiesel. So your choice is either to leave, or to stay & ask the
questions. I am sure that there are experts who will help you. I know I would
help where I could, but I am not an expert.

 The reason I like this list is because most information has links to the
original information. The problem with the web is that there is so much
misinformation.

regards Doug (in sunny Australia)

Doug <lema...@internode.on.net>