... and another begins.

I want to thank Chip for his efforts in recent years to keep the list operating. I don't really know how much effort that was (it was considerable when I last ran a list many years ago), but I'm grateful I did not have to look after that, freeing me to concentrate on content.

I don't see this list (sustainablelorgbiofuel) as being much work for me. If I read a piece which I think deserves a wider audience, I simply shared it. I could just add it to Reddit or StumbleUpon or other such tools instead, but those do not save the content to make it searchable (in the mail archive). And while Internet searches are more comprehensive, they don't have a human filter to determine what is real and what is manufactured. In a world where perception and sound-bytes rule the mainstream messaging, I think that has value. In a world of Internet narrow-casting where feeds provide only reinforcement for pre-selected viewpoints, I hope that occasionally some of the posts I share cause others to pause and think for a moment. This was Keith's gift to me (and many others). I came to learn about biodiesel, and I learned about so much more.

I have set up a new mail list via FreeLists.org. I have called this Keith's List because in my mind that is the most accurate and succinct description of it, though not everyone has known or corresponded with Keith Addison. It's a bit last minute, so the transition may be a bit rough. Same purpose, same mandate, same rules. If you think there should be discussion of a topic you are not seeing, just jump in and post. Perhaps you can ask a question (though I hope the archives will continue to be your first-stop resource to reduce duplication), or find some like-minded souls to help with your personal projects and desires to 'save the world'. It's a big place; no doubt you can find something in it to improve.

Sorry, the following instructions are a direct lift from the list instructions, but I'm rather working to deadline as this list expires today.

- Online, searchable archives of your list are available at
http://www.freelists.org/archive/keiths-list  Each list's archive is
automatically updated as new messages come in.

- There's a FAQ at http://www.freelists.org/wiki/the_faq

The first post is up, and can be seen in the on-line archive at: http://www.freelists.org/post/keiths-list/First-Post,13

(I believe the on-line archive is web-accessible without need for a log-in, but unfortunately appears to be supported by ads. As far as I can tell, no ads in the e-mail version or via the member's web interface, which requires a log-in. I still have some learning to do.)

See you on the other list if you choose to show up there. If not, strength to your arm, and all best in your future endeavours.

Wishing you all a successful (however you choose to define that) 2017,

Your correspondent,

Darryl McMahon