I was thinking about building a generator out of a small 3.5 or
higher briggs and straton engine, and a voltage regulated
alternator.  I wanted to use alcohol as a fuel, but I see things in
engine manuals such as:

? Do not use gasohal or gasoline alcohol fuel blends.

My briggs and straton manual says the same thing, and so do other
places, but why?  Why can't I use alcohol in the generator?  I'm
aware that alcohol mixed with gas will burn more completely (possibly
burn hotter) but my understanding is that alcohol when burned by
itself burns substantially cooler (thus nascar uses it).

I'd like to build a small 12 vdc generator out of a gmc or other such
alternator with its own voltage regulator, and power it with a briggs
and strat or some such engine burning alcohol

Suggestions?

We give away $70,000 a month! Come to iWin.com for
your chance to win!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/olMXHC/BJVCAA/4ihDAA/FZTVlB/TM