Try 50/50 kerosene/SVO! I used new oil and kerosene and it worked in my
driveway testing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Addison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 3:29 PM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Can Biod be replace central heating oil?

  Dana Linscott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  >One of our members is also considering using the
  >glycerine component of BD production as home heating
  >fuel and so will need to have this type of setup to
  >keep it liquid. He has no room in his basement for the
  >tanks and so is planning on building an insulated
  >"shed" on the side of his home large enough for a 500
  >gallon tank. He has chosen as his "project" to try
  >modifying a standard fuel oil furnace "gun" to work
  >with the Glycerine component of BD production.
  >
  >Does anyone have any pointers having done this
  >themselves. Theorys?
  >
  >thanks
  >Dana

  I know Aleks was running his furnace on glyc from his original
  two-stage process (base-base), which gives thin glyc, but he said he
  stopped doing it because the glyc left a deposit which kept clogging
  the furnace. It's a problem that's worth trying to crack. Please keep
  the list informed - also on progress with WVO as heating fuel.

  Someone suggested to me that the glyc might best be used as a binding
  agent to make sawdust pellets for stoves. Todd mentioned mixing it
  with sawdust, but didn't say more - what then, Todd? A caution though
  - the National Toxicology  Program has listed wood dust as a
  carcinogen, because of the danger of arsenic and chemical additives.
  http://ntp-server.niehs.nih.gov/NewHomeRoc/AboutRoC.html

  "Nominated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration based
  on IARC2 finding identification of sufficient evidence of
  carcinogenicity in human epidemiology studies and identifying wood
  dust as a Group 1- Known Human Carcinogen (Vol. 62, 1995). IARC
  listing based on increases in cancer, particularly cancer of the
  nasal cavities and paranasal sinuses, associated with exposure to
  wood dust."

  See also: Carcinogen list may include wood dust, talc
  http://enn.com/news/enn-stories/2001/04/04162001/carcinogens_43022.asp

  Burning arsenic-treated wood in a home furnace is a no-no.

  Best

  Keith Addison
  Journey to Forever
  Handmade Projects