hey, folks, this seems a little obviuos, but I have a batch of oil that is
cloudy, I'm not sure why, but i have assumed that it  has some water
emulsified in it somehow. I have made two batches now, that have had varying
amounts of a thin waxy film on top, and a milky appearance after washing,
and the second batch has abunch of what i think is soap on the bottom.
what i want to know, is how to be sure the oil is all the way dry before I
make the batch, if my assumptions are correct, or if anyone has some ideas
as to what is making the oil cloudy in the first place.
I have heated the oil, in a 50 gallon batch , to 225 degrees, at which point
i assumed the water had all been boiled out of it.
 is it possible to attain 225 degrees without the water being boiled off?
how long should I have to keeep it at that temp to boil off the water?
why is my stored (before the heating) oil staying milky, and not settling
out clear?
will boiling the water out of it make more free fatty acids?

my oil comes from a place that fries corn chips, and most of it has been
fairly clear, and these are the first batches I have had any trouble with.
thanks all,
anton

Burn vegetables, not dinosaurs!

Biofuel at Journey to Forever: