>What about the starving millions in the world who still do not get fed
>properly. Maybe with everyone switching over to fuel production this number
>will increase with some of those millions being in the countries of
>production. Oh well never mind rather than bread they can eat cake. In this
>case oil seed cake but whats the difference anyway? Hell they might even get
>a few additives as well. 370,000 million tons should only take up a few
>acres shouldnt it and maybe I dont need to worry.
>B.r.,  David

No you don't need to worry. Biofuels needn't compete with food
production. We've covered this ground before. There's a great deal of
information available on it.

One major point is that the starving millions in the world do not
starve because there isn't enough food - there's more than enough
food, more food per capita than there's ever been before, more than
enough to make everyone fat.

There's no evidence that "switching over to fuel production" would
have any effect at all on their situation.

Plenty of references for all this in the archives.

Best wishes

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
Handmade Projects