That jet increase is area not diameter as a local mechanic found out.
Kirk

-----Original Message-----
From: John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2001 1:18 AM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [biofuel] New here, have questions

Keith, it looks as if you use 100% ethanol, jet sizes have to be increased
by around 200%, but I reiterate, using Methanol in 2 stroke race
applications, we had to increase jet sizes by 300%

Again, is there anyone using 100% ethanol that can give us some real fuel
consumption figures???
John

> I suggest you check the other chapters of the Alcohol Fuel Manual too.
>
> There's certainly no need to enlarge the jets by 300%.
>
> And it doesn't matter of the ethanol absorbs some water, or even
> contains water, unless you're blending it with gasoline. 180-proof is
> fine. Even 160-proof is fine.
>
> Keith Addison
> Journey to Forever
> Handmade Projects
> Tokyo
> http://journeytoforever.org/
>

> > > You're missing one side of the equation -
> > > ethanol requires less air yet has a higher amount of oxygen in the
> >molecule,
> > > gasoline contains very little oxygen without additives [see "ethanol"]
> > > Ethanol can tolerate higher compression, hence higher octane rating,
hence
> >more
> > > power, which increases it's 'mpg' rating

Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
To unsubscribe, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---