Hi, Thomas-

Do you have a URL we can look at? It may help us to optimize it. If not, can
you describe the mechanism by which you're updating the SVG? Are you doing
so incrementally (one element at a time, for instance), or all at once? Are
you using a very large image, or filters?

Without any other information, I'd say you might try appending the new data
to a group with display='none', then switching the display to 'inline' after
a short interval (a couple of seconds, say) and removing the old data. This
may ensure that the new data is fully appended to the DOM.

Hope that helps-
-Doug

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM