sent1729 schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using Batik Squiggle as my SVG browser. I would like to know if it
> is possible to display multiple svg files one layered on top of each in
> the browser.Because right now if I am able to achieve this by
> incoorporating all my svg files in to a single svg file. But if I have
> different layers of information stored in many svg files, then how to
> display them one on top of each other by selecting one at time.
>

> Thanks for any input
>
> Nathan.

Hi Nathan

you could use  and <image> tag like this:
<image xlink:href="layer1.svg" .../>
<image xlink:href="layer2.svg" .../>

the disadvantage here, is that you cant access the DOM of your layers
anymore.
you could also use  the <use> Element to reference external SVG
fragments, but note that this currently only works in Batik.
<use xlink:href="layer.svg#layerId" />

a third option which is the most flexible one is to use getURL() to load
the layers, and append them to your DOM.

you might want to look at carto.net s  fantastic collection of map examples
http://www.carto.net/papers/svg/samples/

cheers
Holger

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hakjvu1/M=362131.6882499.7825260.1510227/D=groups/S=1706030389:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123150602/A=2889191/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job) Welcome to the Sweet Life
- brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>