I have an SVG aplication for Firefox and IE using the
adobe plugin that is a real memory hog; it is a scatter
plot viewer embedded in an HTML page that is designed
to guide the user from data set to data set,  as well
as to explore particular data.

Each page (HTML + up to four SVG embedded documents)
uses about a 1 or 1.5 MB of RAM.

The memory for previous pages does not seem to be
being freed up (makes sense, as my back button
displays the previous SVG graphics quickly enough).

What's the best practice here?  Is there deallocation
I could or should be doing on an unload event via
JavaScript? Are there "don't-cache" delarations I could
be using?

Thanks,  I've been learning a lot here.

Randy Fischer

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h7ersc1/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1706030389:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123197376/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>