On 5/18/06, Phi Tran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
> > to know
> > > where to get the data.
> > >
> > > You are very familiar with //HTTP: protocol; Most of you familiar with
> > DATA:
> > > protocol such as DATA:Base64 or Javascript:Variable (to dynamically
> > load CSS
> > > or even some image).
> > >
> > > 4- As you see all protocol always end by a ":" (column).
> > >
> > > 5- SVG protocol add one more protocol to the OS. I't's named SVGData:
> > All
> > > the command and sub command follow are short cut for the SVG protocol
> > > know where is the SVG data to get, either on the server or being
> > downloaded
> > > from the browser, what resolution (Scale, Rotate). ViewPort. (You SVG
> > may be
> > > very big but you only want the protocol to get only a small part of
> > it).
> > > After got those data the protocol will generate an image in this case
> > it is
> > > an in-memory PNG image then pass it back to the request agent
> > (browser) Then
> > > the browser will display it as if it is a REAL PNG file.
> > >
> > > 6- In case the browser request a SVG file through the SVG protocol
> > then it
> > > will get it from the sever then translate it into a PNG image before
> > pass it
> > > back the image  to the browser.
> > >
> > > 5- To the browser it only that a request is sent and an actual PNG
> > image is
> > > received.
> > >
> > > 6- Because the URL format allows up to 2048 bytes Then we take that
> > > advantage to allow Developer to upload all or partial SVG (text). The
> > SVG
> > > protocol will take that data translate it into a PNG to return to the
> > > browser.
> > >
> > > Example:
> > >

> > src="SVGdata:File/Load;charset=US-ASCII,SIG=abcd,Viewport[-1,-1,205,205]Scale[
> > > 4.17,4.17];http://localhost/images/icon_update.svg";>
> > >
> > > Instead of http://localhost/images/icon_update.svg as the SVG location
> > you
> > > can replace it with other SVG element such as:
> > >
> > > <g> <rect x1=10 y=10  width =20 height =40 rx=4
> > > style='fill:#FF0000;fill-opacity=0.5' />  fill-opacity:0.5/><circle
> > cx=100
> > > cy=120 r=20 style='fill:none stroke-windth:1' /></g>
> > > (it has to be in XML format)
> > >
> > > In this case the SVG protocol will draw you a rectangle and a circle.
> > then
> > > return the PNG back to the browser.
> > >
> > > 7- In the multi-task environment there arw many web apps can run at
> > the same
> > > time then we develop a 'SIG=" to keep track one application from the
> > other.
> > >
> > > 8- When you follow the protocol you need to follow it by all the
> > Column,
> > > Semi-column Equal ... character and case sensitive for it not wrongly

Some has ask me for Quick test Here is the procedure::
1-Download /Unzip the Run setup.
2- There has a Copy of the ICON_UDATE.SVG copy that to your domain.
3- change the "http://localhost/images/icon_update.svg"; of the following
string point to the new location The put that in a SRC of an IMG of you HTML
- The IMG should have width and height =205px. (You don't have to) You can
change the scale to fit the bigger or the smaller IMG. The reason I use
scale 4.17 because the SVG having the original width =48 then I want it to
extend to 205 (a little odd)

SVGdata:File/Load;charset=US-ASCII,SIG=abcd,Viewport[-1,-1,205,205]Scale[
4.17,4.17];http://localhost/images/icon_update.svg

4- After it done then experiment it yourself by ch aging
Viewport[]Scale[]Rotate[].

I hope you having FUN.

Phi

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM