A perhaps easier way to do this is

 transform="translate(-100,-50),scale(1.5)"

or in your case:

shape1.setAttributeNS(null,"transform","translate("+positionx+","+positiony+"),scale("+scaleLevel+")");

The trick here is that the transformations are performed from right to left,
so you may have to do some arithmetic to get things in the right place.

DD