Hey Randy,

> I don't yet see how the Ajax/javascript approach could fill the
> vacuum left by ASV's sudden demise.

I fully agree with Jon's response and I have nothing to add there.
However, I wanted to clarify that my proof of concept was purely
intended as a means of rendering static vector data (specifically SVG
path data) to various target renderers. It is by no means intended to
be a replacement for an SVG full implementation.

I haven't been following Dojo2D, but I'm certain their project will be
much more feature rich, especially given that my code was more an
exercise of curiousity. That being said, it sounds like there are
already a number of viewers that could fill the vacuum. It's probably
more of a case of arguing how a company/project could benefit from
filling that void. This may not be an opinion shared by many people,
but in the end I think this will be positive for the community as it
will break our reliance on a viewer that has been stagnate for many
years.

Kevin
KevLinDev - http://www.kevlindev.com