I'm using HTTPXML (for an IE/ASV solution)

 with the format

 var xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument.3.0");
 xmlDoc.load(url)

this all works nicely, XML data is returned, and the xmlDoc is rturned
to the calling function.

The XML is then parsed into an array. I put it into an array, because
the user may/should go back and request more data several times.

Each data-fetch can then be retrieved from the array and displayed
intables/charts.

It seems to me that I should not need to put the data into an array but
that I should be able to refer to the xmlDoc as per each request as I
use a 'new' DOMdocument each time. However I can't figure out how to do
this.

Any clues mostg rateful appreciated.

Garry