<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> good to hear, Guy.
>
> Yes, I think that mobile apps need to be different from desktop apps.
> Not only are the displays smaller, but the touch screen events are
> probably not very precise, compared to a mouse pointer or tablet.
>
> Andreas

Indeed, the touch interface doesn't make much sense with sliders and
mousover events and it will be especially tough to adapt thematic maps
to the small display.

However it was quite easy to make a simple version of an animated
population pyramid for iPhone, see here if you have an iPhone
http://vis.uell.net/pyramids/iphone
or here if you don't
http://flickr.com/photos/mac/2872612330/

Buttons and drop down menus work really well and performance is
sufficient.

Michael