  From: honyk
  To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 3:53 PM
  Subject: [svg-developers] Clipping the text on the closed path

  Hello Everyone,

  I am facing a clipping issue when placing text on the closed path
  (circle-like Bezier curve).

  http://skibob.dobruska.cz/other/data.svg

  When my text with the text-anchor set to the middle is placed at very
  beginning of the path, the first half of the text is clipped (the number 20
  in the example above). So in these edge cases I am placing the same text to
  the 'end' of that path for sure again (using the same logic this text should
  have clipped the second half). But instead of composition of two halves of
  the same text I am getting unacceptable results in major browsers (except
  Firefox). Can my source be enhanced somehow? Btw, I am missing something
  like clipping='false' in the SVG standard ;-)

  I'd like to avoid placing these cases on a different path (with the
  beginning in another angle).

  Any hint is welcome.

  Regards,
  Jan