Edward Franks schrieb:

>         So, to revisit a discussion, how do the rest of you try to estimate
> the market value of these types of games?  What would, say, the first
> release of Zork -- the PDP-11 version -- be worth?  This is really the
> hard part of being a dealer of collectibles.  What is your thought
> process in determining the market value of a collectible?

I once spent $35 for a hard to come by "Cornerstone" brochure. Jokingly
I asked the guy I bought it from if he didn't think I was insane and he
told me he had just sold the empty retail box of an original Mac for
$600.

So far I think it is personal interest that determines the value;
Although most of us probably sometimes resell, I'd say we all also are
collectors and use the profit to invest in our hobby.

This of course will change should our hobby really move into the
direction art collecting has taken, where paintings are seen as an
investment.

For my personal resales I go by the prices I see on other auctions. A
PDP-11 Zork I'd estimate at $3000-$6000.

Marco