I have to agree with Vincent.  If we start living in fear of preserving
the games in our collections digitally because of the Eyal's out there,
then the terrorists have won. (sorry, couldnt resist)

> I am only a few days from finishing a fully working version of Disk2FDI,
> then will start imaging any original game I have or may find. I will also
> scan all documentation, box, disks, etc. at 600 dpi. I think the motivation
> behind this obvious: the scanned original material will not age, the FDIed
> floppy disks will not get corrupt, nor will the WAVed tapes, and the dumped
> cartridges. The digital version of the game will be as close to the
> original as can be as of 2004.
>
> On the other hand, I completely agree to what both C.E. Forman and Josh are
> talking about. I have read the "Eyal Katz" case on vintage-sierra, and was
> shocked to see this.

Howard Feldman, Author of The Search for Freedom
A Computer Fantasy Role-Playing Game
Visit its Homepage at http://home.golden.net/~feldman/SearchForFreedom/
Visit the Computer and Book RPG Museum at
http://vgmuseum.chaoticmonkey.com/