Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me find an elegant solution for
importing variables to the outputted swfmill SWF.

Please take a look at the swfmill SWF here:
http://www.agencia72.com/swfmill/sample.html

I'm having swfmill generate a textfield on the stage (the text is
'336699').  Then I'm using actionscript within an imported SWF
(swfmill.swf) to extract the string of the swfmill textfield object to
get the variable.  It's a few steps to go through, but I was wondering
if there was something available within swfmill to import a variable
directly without having to go through that process.

assets:
http://www.agencia72.com/swfmill/swfmill.zip

You can download the assets to test yourself.  Within the .swfml file,
line 8, you'll see the attribute titled "text".  Modify that to change
the color of the square.

Best,
+nirav