I have a free weekend, and I could do some developing.

In light of my previous messages, on "runtime asset loading", I am
considering to put my fingers where my mouth is. Can't promise good
results fast, in fact can't promise anything, but if I were to start
hacking, what do you people think is the right way to do this?

My idea is to add a "class" attribute to some tags of the simple
dialect, which will have swfmill generate class stubs for the asset.
In some cases the "class" attribute is the only thing you need, no
need for "id" or "name".

F.e.

<bitmap class="my.package.MyBitmapData" import="path/to/mybitmap.png" />

Similiar for other types of assets like fonts, sounds etc.

Am I making any sense here?