> So the only things which swfobject can control in regards to the process
> (after determining an update is required) is:
>
> loaderClip.redirectURL = _level0.MMredirectURL;
>  loaderClip.MMplayerType = _level0.MMplayerType;
> (insidehttp://code.google.com/p/swfobject/source/browse/trunk/swfobject/src/...
> )
>
> - The redirect URL is where we take the user after the update has happened.
> This is set in swfobject.js to
> :  win.location.toString().replace(/&/g,"%26")

I am not 100% sure about this, but I think that line should look like
this to be more correct:

                fv = "MMredirectURL=" +
encodeURIComponent(win.location) + "&MMplayerType=" +
encodeURIComponent(pt) + "&MMdoctitle=" +
encodeURIComponent(doc.title);

I tried that with the same problem anyway. The bug really seems to be
in the end of the download process. The install just doesn't kick off.

I can get it to repro in FF and IE8 using Flash 10,0,12,36.

> - The MMPlayerType is important as this determines whether it tries to
> install a IE/ActiveX or FF/"Other" plugin. This is set in swfobject.js to:
> var pt = ua.ie && ua.win ? "ActiveX" : "PlugIn";
>
> So my thought is that maybe the wrong player type is being installed for
> some reason?
>
> Perhaps you want to add a breakpoint / a console statement on line 330 in
> swfobject.js within the showExpressInstall function (source version, not
> minified) and check that the pt / MMPlayerType value is being set to
> "ActiveX" correctly when using IE?

It's "ActiveX" in IE8 and "Plugin" in Firefox. So I don't think this
is the issue.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Alan