I ran into issues with a dropdown (suggestive search dropdown at
www.centraldelhogar.com) appearing to go behind the flash movie around
center of page when the suggestive search list was long enough to meet
the flash, e.g. searching for "lecoaspira" - The issue persisted in IE
and in Chrome. I solved the issue for all browsers except IE9 by
setting wmode to opaque like this:

[code]
<script language="javascript">
        //fixed for suggestive search results going under flash, markscarts
    var flashvars = {};
    var params = {};
    params.wmode = "opaque";
    var attributes = {};
        //swfobject.embedSWF("banner.swf", "flashBanner", "655", "320",
"10.0.0", "banner.swf");
                swfobject.embedSWF("banner.swf", "flashBanner", "655", "320",
"10.0.0", null, null,  params, attributes );
</script>
[/code]

But I discovered that in IE9 the flash movie would disappear. z-index
was set at 2001 for the dropdown, and at 50 for the division
containing the flash movie, and this worked everywhere but in IE9. So
I added a z-index setting directly to flash object like this:

[code]
                swfobject.style.zIndex="100";
[/code]

And problem solved.