On the Wed, May 31, 2006 at 11:29:30AM +0200, Glogger Steven blubbered:

Hoi.

> well, i think RSS is quite a standard and there are possibilities to
> provide the swinog mailinglist also as RSS feed..

Whom does the RSS feed serve the most? Surely not the active
part of the SwiNOG-Community. Those guys can just as well read
the mails and answer to random topics they feel the need to.

RSS does not give you that possibility, you're readonly. A
perfect excuse to just consume and give nothing back
(information that is). I don't like that idea.

> but anyway, a forum/blog is the wrong way... mail should be still the
> way of communication for swinog members ,-)

Mail is as easy and flexible that it's even readable on a cell
phone or an old-fart PDA. Just because some of you have a shiny
new Ogo or Mulberry (whatchamacallit?) does not mean everyone
wants to replace his Palm IIIx now.

Finally, HTML-Mails with Flash and JavaScript do go the same
way, so don't even think about coming up with THAT!

CU, Venty

--
Martin Ebnöther, [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.semmel.ch/
Videogamer, Techno Musician, Gourmet, R-Typer, Beer drinker, Lefty