On the Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 12:26:37AM -0700, Stanislav Sinyagin blubbered:

Hoi Stan!

> > All that is needed to take Skype down is an automatic windows
> > update of some thousand computers.
> >
> > Remember last summer?
> > http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20070819
>
> hey Venty, long time no see :)
>
> if you remember, back in 2003-2004 there were viruses which knocked down
> hundreds
> of thousands of windows PCs. So what, we're still using that :)

Well, I'm typing on a Mac at the office, using SSH to connect to
a NetBSD box at home. =:-) My last Windows installation is a
Windows 2000, which is slowly falling apart.

> If the tool serves my needs, I don't really care if it's open source - I'm
> not
> going to compile anything on my desktop anyway. And if it collects any
> marketing
> stats, so what, everyone is doing that, and we're helping them (Coop Supercard
> for example). There's nothing bad about companies knowing better what I might
> buy from them :-)

Well, yes, if it serves the purpose, sure. Though if the
company/product has a bad reputation in terms of security and
spying on the user, I do think twice about using it. Skype is
one of these companies/products actually. As said before, I use
Skype at most with the PSPs built-in client which can do phone
calls and thats it. I'm not much online there though.

CU, Venty

--
What we're planning here is World Domination!