Am Friday 12 March 2010 13.02:58 schrieb Mike Kellenberger:
> I'm seeing two mails which are being sent over and over again, sometimes
> two to four times almost simultanously. The session somehow does not
> complete (times out on our side). The mails are being sent from various
> viefep<xx>-int.chello.at mail servers with @hispeed.ch sender addresses
> and are both over 2MB. Anybody else seeing this sort of behaviour?

Yes and UPC also confirmed the problem. (see some of my previous postings to
this list.)

Your mailserver probably does scan emails during the smtp session, so that the
OK following the DATA section is delayed.

Somehow the UPC Mailservers do not respect the timeouts defined by the RFC for
the DATA end phase (10 min as far as I remember) but they close the session
after one minute or so.

I reported the problem to UPC Vienna multiple times in the last months. It was
also confirmed by a UPC Tech that this is the problem, but I never got any
reply to my questions about when they are going to fix the problem.

The problem usualy occurs with large emails, which take longer to scan, so if
a large email is resent a couple of houndred times to the same customer, this
ends up filling his inbox within very short time.

So I'm still looking for a direct contact to an email tech from UPC Vienna who
could make a statement what UPC is doing to fix the problem.

Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen

Benoit Panizzon
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter IT Customer Care