From: swinog-boun...@lists.swinog.ch [mailto:swinog-boun...@lists.swinog.ch] On
Behalf Of Viktor Steinmann
Sent: Samstag, 21. August 2010 08:25
To: swinog@lists.swinog.ch
Subject: Re: [swinog] BÜPF...again ; )

It's a poor world some of the SwiNOG members live in.

- Facebook bashing is hip among the IT community. However on Facebook
you only share what you want to share and you can even lie about all of
your personal details, even create a fake personality. If you have
privacy concerns, don't put it on the Internet - be it Facebook or any
other site. In any case it's in no way comparable with someone spying on
your private computer, where you keep your "real" private data, not the
crap you put on Facebook.
- We live in a direct democracy and therefore are responsible for our
own world and society. If you're unhappy with that - try to find a
better place, or try to change it by joining the policital class. Just
muttering is not going to help.
- Last but not least some people have the constant feeling, that the
government is trying to rip them off or f**k with them every second of
their life. That's just paranoid. The government is trying to run a
country. The people working for the government sometimes have ideas on
how to improve processes - just like in any company. The good thing is,
that we can judge their ideas and have the power to stop them if we're
not happy with them (something you most probably don't have in your
company).

It's good to be alert and question decisions, but don't overdo it. You
might end as an unhappy person.

Kind regards,
Viktor

"This e-mail, any associated files and the information contained in them are
confidential and is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received
this message in error please notify the originator and delete the email
immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this
message is strictly forbidden. E-mails to and from the company are monitored
for operational reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices. Any
opinions expressed are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent
the views of the company. The company does not conclude contracts by email and
all negotiations are subject to contract. We make every effort to maintain our
network free from computer viruses but accept no responsibility for any viruses
which might be transferred by this e-mail."