Hellou

Today, I discovered, that emails whose envelope sender matched the DNS SPF
record, but whose From: Header did not (like after the envelope sender has
being rewritten by SRS) were rejected by a hosted exchange server provider.

I got in contact with that admin and he told me that this was the way the SPF
check works in the Microsoft Exchange Forefront Server.

Well, according to the RFC 4408 only HELO or MAIL FROM are being considered
for SPF. Not the From: header.
Is there anyone out there who can confirm, that Microsoft Exchange Forefront
Server realy has such a broken SPF implementation. Or did the exchange admin
just misconfigure his server?

Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen

Benoit Panizzon
--