Dear SwiNOG supporter,

We have great news, since our talks for the location and the sponsors are progressing.

SAVE THE DATE: 4.11.2016
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//Apple Inc.//Mac OS X 10.11.6//EN
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/Zurich
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=3;BYDAY=-1SU
DTSTART:19810329T020000
TZNAME:MESZ
TZOFFSETTO:+0200
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:STANDARD
TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=10;BYDAY=-1SU
DTSTART:19961027T030000
TZNAME:MEZ
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
CREATED:20160817T184536Z
UID:8A56EC1E-DDC2-401A-A9F1-FBBD8F32C823
DTEND;TZID=Europe/Zurich:20161104T200000
TRANSP:OPAQUE
X-APPLE-TRAVEL-ADVISORY-BEHAVIOR:AUTOMATIC
SUMMARY:SwiNOG #30
DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Zurich:20161104T080000
DTSTAMP:20160817T184551Z
LOCATION:Gurten\, Berne\, Switzerland
SEQUENCE:0
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

The 30th meeting of the Swiss Network Operators Group (SwiNOG) will be held
in Berne on top of the Gurten on November 4th 2016.

Important Dates for SwiNOG#28

17.08.2016 Announcement of Meeting
24.08.2016 Call for Papers  (you may submit already if you wish to do so)
05.09.2016 Registration opens
16.10.2016 Call for Papers closing
23.10.2016 Final publication of agenda
27.10.2016 Registration closes
01.11.2016 Deadline for all slides
04.11.2016 Meeting day

Topics for Presentations/Talks

The number and length of presentations per session is not fixed, although
due to time constraints we would prefer the length of the presentations to
be between 5 to 45 minutes.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of typical SwiNOG meeting topics:

- Security - DDOS Mitigation - AntiSpam
- IPv6
- Open Source tools
- International view of the internet (incidents, outages, measurements)
- Routing
- Server applications (DNS, Web, etc.)
- Legal issues (BÜPF, etc.)
- Telecommunication politics (Net Neutrality, Incumbent monopoly, etc.)

-> PLEASE feel free to talk to us about any kind of topic and
collaboration!!!
  You can always start a discussion on the list - I'm sure people join in.

Language of Slides and Talks

The whole day will be held in English, therefore we kindly ask you to
produce your presentation in English.

Submission Guidelines

All submissions must have a strong technical bias and must not be solely
promotional for your employer.

Please remember that your presentations should be suitable for a target
audience of technicians from varied backgrounds, working for companies whose
sizes may vary considerably.

To submit a proposal for a presentation, we request that you provide the
following information to <swinog-core at swinog.ch>:

* the name of the presenter (and if applicable your affiliation)
* a working email address
* the name and number of the topic which will contain the presentation
* the title of the presentation
* its expected length (in minutes)
* a short abstract of the presentation (so we know what it is about)

We also welcome suggestions for specific presentations which you feel would
be valuable to the SwiNOG community.

Please be aware that your presentation will be published on the SwiNOG
website after the event. We can publish modified slides if requested - it
might be that some confidential data will be presented by you which are not
intended for publication on the internet.

Greetings,
Steven
SwiNOG Core Team

General Information (SwiNOG Community)

The Swiss Network Operators Group (SwiNOG) is an informal group of people
who are concerned with engineering and operation of the Swiss Internet.

SwiNOG exists to enhance the quality of Internet services available in
Switzerland. It does this by fostering the free exchange of technical ideas
and information between different companies and organisations.

SwiNOG is a community for professionals who are operating, designing or
researching the Internet. It provides a technical forum where those working
on, with and for the Internet can come together to solve problems with every
aspect of their (net)work.

The meeting is designed to provide an opportunity for the exchange of
information among network operators, engineers, researchers and other
professionals close to the network community.

More information about SwiNOG can be found at http://www.swinog.ch/,
Facebook, Xing,

Information about the meeting will be published at
http://www.swinog.ch/meetings/swinog29/

General Information (SwiNOG Organisation)
SwiNOG meetings.

Contact:
SwiNOG Organisation
8000 Zurich